Monday 1 October 2007

Glorious

Every so often a song comes along that absolutely blows me away. Peter Bjorn and John's Young Folks has been knocking around for a while now... I think it was re-released recently. It's certainly getting plenty of exposure now - but this is one song I don't think I'll get tired of listening to. Watch/listen to it here:

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=1916500

One thing bothers me slightly though - the opening drums riff reminds me of the ending credits of Only Fools & Horses. If you don't believe me, try singing along:

We've got some half price cracked ice and miles and miles of carpet tiles,
T.V.s, deep freeze and David Bowie L.P.s,
Ball games, gold chains, whassa-names, and at a push,
Some Trevor Francis track suits from a mush in Shepherds Bush...

Expect to see the two fused together soon on Mashed Hits.....

1 comment:

Simon said...

See, you're addicted now aren't you?
Music Im into at the moment:
Ian Brown's new one
Foo Fighters new one.
Get Cape. Wear Cape. Fly.
All three Shins albums